Welcome to the newer more zen James' website:
50% less Terpsichorian AND
50% more Uranian influcences.
Software I'm looking for:
- something to sync between CVS servers
All my code is currently licensed under the GPL I have no idea about the status of patents on any of this software. I don't understand software patents - you assume all the risk.
If you are going to make money out of any of this stuff please contact me.
Resources from the automatic resource archive
Software: antique applications
- ibmir: drivers and information on the Options by IBM PCMCIA Serial Infrared adapter
- babel: Links for babelfish
- backup: a distributed offline revision control system
- buzz: generates random management seminar titles.
- chkndp: keep an eye on that pesky 80x87
- clockspeed: how fast is my ix86 running anyway
- coffee: turn the coffee light on and off
- colors: do arbitary colour correction on images
- digit: program to talk to a variety of digitizing tablets and tables.
- dither: tools for dithering
- earthview: generate pictures of the earth from space
- enrich: makes trains less of a pain
- flash_erase: is simple program for writing 0xff in 512 byte chunks until it hits the buffers, this will bypass the evilness of some PCMCIA SSFDC adaptors enabling you to actually erase the SSFDC device.
- flowmeter: measure and control bandwidth
- gfishtime_applet: Eye candy
- gis: is an extremely flexible fast geographical information system.
- gloo: move serial ports across town or even across the pond
- hifi: My wacky distributed hifi project
- ibmbush: Problems with the X30 keyboard bezel
- ide-cb: support for carbus IDE devices under Linux 2.4
- ifl-mozilla: Instructions for adding ifl to mozilla
- image: undither images using custom filters (replaced by undither)
- jwg: a modern fortran graphics library
- machstat: comand line tool to determine the state of a Mach64 chipset
- map3: is a very efficient gps linked map display program.
- neostat: comand line tool to determine the state of a Neomagic chipset
- nope: a driver for the parallel port samsung yepps
- palindrome: generate a random palindrome
- paperease: drivers for the Primax Paperease sheet fed scanner
- plucker: webbrowse from your palm pilot
- realplay_autosize: automatically resize realplayer windows so that they fit the screen
- rpld: is a netboot server for IBM style RPL clients.
- samsung_2: code to implement version 2 of the samsung digimax protocol
- uber-sync: make your palm pilot work under linux
- undither: undither images using custom filters
- usbradio: userland driver and application for the D-Link DRU-100 radio
- xview: Back from the dead - Openlook or Xview3.2 for redhat 6.2/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3 and 64 bit alpha!
- x10: a simple x10 server to allow any host on a network to send x10 packets, supports
read back and queuing of requests
- power: a simple power server to control a bunch of relays which switch machines on and off
- em86: em86 fixed and resurrected allows java in netscape under 6.2.
- radio_archive: archive a month of your favourite radio station for instant playback.
- SavageX: AXP drivers for the Savage4 card under XFree4.
- Graftek: XFree4 drivers for the graftek tablet
- autolight: a roomsaver application
- singingfish: make billy bass do something usefull
- 802_11_keys: constantly change WEP keys keeping 802_11 secure
- 6502: a c compiler, and an assembler for the 6502
- avitool: a comand line tool for cuting pasting and reindexing avi files
- dvdtools: a set of comand line tools for turning DVDs into avi files.
- smc8016: information and drivers on the SMC8016 pcmcia ethernet card
- shakespeare: a program to print e-books in desksized formats (eg. 40 coulmns on A0).
- advect_rain: a program to advect the UK weather radar data with the current wind conditions to give reasonably accurate weather forcasts a few hours into the future.
- mgnview: for browsing images from the magellan project
- Metaview: for generating and viewing binary computer graphics metafiles from fortran and in X