IFLsm - The "I'm Feeling Lucky" URL Scheme
IFLsm support for mozilla 0.9, and netscape 5 upwards
If you don't know what all this is about see http://www.fish.cx/google/ifl.html.
I had a whole horrid lump of code to do this is nestcape 4.x (and no you
can't have it), which I was just about to port to netscape 6.x when I noticed
protozilla (or for the ifl-impared protozilla). Implementing IFLsm in protozilla is a snap.
Note if you have a multiuser system, you'll need to do step 1 as root (or whoever owns the mozilla binary directory) and steps 2 and 2a as and for each user of mozilla.
- Step 1: install protozilla (either from my site, or their site which last
- Step 2: install ifl support by clicking here
- Step 2a: optionally install support for google: urls by clicking here
- Step 3: restart mozilla (don't forget where this page is)
- Step 4: You're done. Test it by clicking here -> ifl:I'm+feeling+lucky+ifl
If you don't trust my XPI files [and you shouldn't] then you can see my old (click here, type this) instructions
If you're wondering what to put in an ifl link these chaps at berkeley can help with this program.
These words are here so I can put ifl: in front of them as an example once google finds this page. ifl:haply+inductor+stimulant+fattened and again for good measure haply+inductor+stimulant+fattened.