IFLsm - The "I'm Feeling Lucky" URL Scheme
If you don't know what all this is about see http://www.fish.cx/google/ifl.html.
I had a whole horrid lump of code to do this is nestcape 4.x (and no you
can't have it), which I was just about to port to netscape 6.x when I noticed
protozilla or for the ifl: impared protozilla. Implementing IFLsm in protozilla is a snap.
- Step 1: install protozilla (either from my site, or their site which last
- Step 2: restart mozilla (don't forget where this page is)
- Step 3: click here to popup
the protozilla console.
- Step 4: click the "Create button" in the protozilla console
- Step 5: in the window that pops up put "ifl" and the script name,
leave the extension as "url", and put http://www.google.com/search?btnI=1&q= as the Client script content, click on "OK". (see the image on the right)
- Step 5a: While you're at it you can add a google: url scheme by putting "google" as the script name and http://www.google.com/search?&q= in the script content.
- Step 6: pop down the protozilla console by clicking here
- Step 7: That's it test it by clicking here -> ifl:I'm+feeling+lucky+ifl